Elements of Website – Pre, Post, and Relaunch Checklist
We all understand the importance of a website for any business. Similarly, we must know about the important elements of the website. Developing a website doesn’t automatically bring paying customers to your business.
Why you need a website?
Your website is the best digital platform that allows you to position yourself in the market to get the exact type of customers you’re looking for.
Five Important Elements of Good Website
- Design – Your website design is an integral part that converts people from “website visitors” to “prospect” to your business.
- Colors – Understanding the fundamentals of your Brand colors and maintenance across the website in image, CTAs, and logo are important.
- Content – Convery what your website is all about to the user and search engine. Must know Content is the King. Keep it simple, sweet, and concise.
- Mobile Responsiveness of the website – Important for better user experience and better search engine SEO friendliness.
- Credibility – Instill a sense of trust
Elements of Website Pre-Planning (Checklist)
- Establish the aim of building website – Clear objective and SMART Goals
- Competitors research and research – Layout and design that works.
- Choose your domain name & Domain Extension wisely – Keep it short, easy to remember, spell, pronounce, and if it could reflect the nature of your business.
- Best hosting service – Reliable web host that suits the needs of your website
- Choose the best CMS Platform – Involve your core team from marketing, sales, development, customer relations, and upper management. Think about what you want to you don’t want. You may need customization in the future.
- Plan and create a sketch of your pages and content.
- Get SEO Savvy – You need a user & search engine-friendly website, then keyword research & social media business pages.
- Create your logo – Choosing the right logo colors, font family, and Uniquely design
- Website images & infographics – Optimize images & define the right path or source of images.
- Setup yourself a deadline – Prepare a roadmap and business plan.
Elements of Website Close Launch/Post-Launch (Checklist)
All that matter the most – Readability, Loading speed, Backlinks
- Is your copyright up-to-date?
- Do you have SSL Encryption? (HTTPS, www or no-www)
- Are there any broken links on your website or blog page?
- Have you got cookie pop-ups? – GDPR, let’s give people the option of changing their minds and use Google tag manager.
- Is there a legal notice on your forms? – Need to understand and value it.
- Is your website mobile responsive?
- How’s your loading speed? – Both on mobile and desktop.
- How is the pixel quality of the images on your website?
- Is your site connected to Google Search Console? – Check the Google Analytics Setup too.
- Is your website content readable? – Keep content simple, clean, compelling, and concise.
Elements of Website Re-launch or revamp (Checklist)
All that matter the most – Safe and Secure Data Transform
- Review your current website and review competitor’s website – What are the things you love & hate on your & their website?
- Analyze and learn from audience/user behavior & exit page.
- Put 301 redirects in place – Old URLs, DNS record & test server.
- Add analytics code to every page.
- Robots.txt and Sitemaps (XML and HTML sitemap)
- Review all conversion endpoints and site architecture
- Full end-to-end test – manual and automation of DNS, IP address, CTAs, and all.
- Server logs – keep on eye 404 errors, 500 errors
- Keep track of ranking reports
- Monitor bounce rates and bring improvement.